I’m continuing my season of the ‘top 5’ in Customer Service. Last week i mentioned to you my top 5 Thought Leaders.
This week I want to highlight the Top 5 tips i have learned from my years in the industry.
1. I’ll start with the most important point ill make today. Have Empathy. Understand and listen to your customer and their concerns or issues. Even if you don’t agree or are “protecting the business, simply letting the customer know you understand their issues can give your customers perspective that you care and that you are on your way to a good relationship with them.
2. Build Customer Loyalty. This is a little secret, and is important to focus on. Loyalty from customers can bring long term business and more importantly a good reputation. word of mouth goes a long way.
3. Don’t make promises you can’t keep. There is nothing that gets customers more angry than when you lie to them! They take it personally and then we go back to word of mouth. People talk and will definitely talk about their bad experience. Just make sure that you offer them what you can, and if there is something that you want to let them in on, make sure to emphasise that it isn’t 100% certain.
4. Train employees to be experts. Calling a call center and having the agent be fully knowledgeable about the service is a dream service. The customer feels the love and can have their issues solved in a shorter time. No waiting times are needed to go and check with the manager, and better yet, the agent feels empowered.
5. End the conversation with a high. Do your best to end the conversation on a positive note. Customers will remember the last words the most so its often advised and practiced to find something positive to leave the customer with. It makes the customer feel happy and cared for.
I hope these tips work for you and your business, and please feel free to share with me your personal top 5 tips! Sharing is caring!