In October its custom to celebrate customer service week 2012!
Every year customer service and support centers celebrate customer service week. This is their way of showing appreciation to the industry and of course the people who make the support teams so good!
Each year CSWeek.com offers all the information, free of charge, materials and inspiration you need to celebrate Customer Service Week.
During this special week, your organization could:
- Boost morale, motivation and teamwork.
- Reward front line reps.
- Raise company wide awareness of the importance of customer service.
- Thank other departments for their support.
- Remind customers of your commitment to customer satisfaction.
All activities have one purpose and that is to enlighten others and motivate those involved.
Some ideas that Customer service teams have come up with in the past include having managers switch with call center reps. Get the VP’s to sit in on a call and see what the customers really want. It can help improve KPI’s for the company and thus improve the overall service to customers.
Another great idea i heard from the Twittersphere was give your employees the red carpet treatment with a movie star or Hollywood themed event. They used this theme at Baudville several years ago and started the week by replacing their regular black carpet runners with red ones. It didn’t cost anything extra, and it started the week with a bang! This theme is fun for Customer Service Week because you emphasize the importance of your customer service team by referring to them as stars all week.
ideas for this theme:
– Create your own hall of fame with employee names on gold stars.
– Make swag bags for every member of the customer service team.
– Host a pub quiz or trivia contest or have a Scene-It DVD game show down in the afternoon.
– End the week by giving your team a memento to remember the week, like a Twist Top Tumbler in the Star Performer theme.
The idea is to keep it simple and keep the customer service reps happy. A happy employee can make a happy customer.
Looking forward to customer service week 2013 so we can spread some more love!